Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Her second encounter with a school principal...

Tuesday morning, the assistant principal and school police officer entered a classroom at the high school and asked the students to leave their purses, phones, jackets and books and go into the hall.  They were instructed to keep their hands out of their pockets.  


One girl protested leaving her phone.  They were told that they weren't going to get into trouble for having the phones, but to leave them on the desk.  The girl refused and got sassy.  When the officer took her arm, she reacted defensively and, as a result, was taken to the office and later suspended from school.


After the kids left, the "drug dog" was taken into the room and the door shut.  So, Hannah was standing in the hall chatting with her friends, when the classroom door opens and the officer asks, "Whose purse is the?".  Well, you guessed it, I'm sure...it was Hannah's.  They asked her to please go to the office with them.


So, it was Hannah, the drug officer and the assistant principal in a room where they ask her all kinds of questions like "Has your purse been near any firearms?"  "Has you purse been near illegal drugs?" "Have there been any prescription drugs in your purse?".  She told them she had halls cough drops and that was it.  So, they asked to look in her purse.  Hannah said, "sure, go ahead."  


The drug officer opens her purse and exclaims, "this is the most organized purse I've ever seen and I look in a lot of purses".  LOL  I'd just gotten her a purse a couple of weeks ago with super organizational abilities.  The officer even had the assistant principal look in it!


Later some of the kids said they thought that they'd just used Hannah to shake the kids up, knowing that she wouldn't be a user or seller.  But Hannah says she saw the spot on the side of her purse where the dog stuck it wet nose on it or licked it.   I think that maybe, just maybe, Hannah should quit carrying her lunch to school in that big organizing purse I bought her.  ;)


She said she never got upset or worried.  She knew there was no reason to, so she took it all in stride.  That's my girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment